If you are like many people, two of your important assets are your home and your retirement assets. During their divorces, many men and women feel it is essential to safeguard their property — an issue that is second only to the well-being of their children.
Setting Expectations, Protecting Your Rights
Fischer & Feldman, P.A., is highly experienced in the area of complex property division. We help our clients 1) understand what the law says about their property, 2) set realistic expectations and goals regarding their assets and 3) work toward the most favorable possible options regarding their property. In some cases, we can reach favorable settlements through negotiation or mediation; in other cases, we litigate.
Your home can be an important financial asset, but it can also be a place of emotional safety and family stability. Talk to an attorney about your questions regarding your house or condo:
- Will I be able to keep my house?
- Who will pay the mortgage while the divorce is being finalized?
- Can I afford the payments on my income alone?
- Can I “buy out” my spouse?
- What if our home is “underwater” or overfinanced?
Your retirement assets are tremendously important for your future. You may or may not be ordered to divide your retirement assets. We can help you find answers to questions like:
- How are pensions and military benefits divided in divorce?
- Will I lose my 401(k) or IRA in the divorce?
- How will we divide our business holdings?
- Who will get the family business?
- Can you explain how QDROs work?
Talk To Us | We Can Provide The Advice You Need
Talk to Fischer & Feldman, P.A., about asset division and your divorce. Our lawyers can provide the advice and clear explanations you are looking for. We are based in Hollywood, Florida.