450 North Park Road Suite 500
Regions Bank Building Hollywood, FL 33021
REMOTE ONLINE NOTARIZATION
On June 7, 2019, HB 409 “Electronic Legal Documents” was signed into law (Chapter 2019-71, Laws of Florida)
. This law is in effect as of January 1, 2020. Additionally, 1N-7001
, Florida Administrative Code
outlines the duties and responsibilities of online notaries as well as the procedures for applying. This law authorizes Florida notaries to perform online remote notarizations after the completion of an application and training requirements.
The services hereunder are being provided by a Florida licensed attorney, certified to administer Remote Online Notarization under and in compliance with Florida Statutes Chapter 117. The services are administered through the DocVerify platform, which is approved by the state of Florida. Note that with respect to the services provided hereunder, any charges beyond the $25 fee for the actual performance of the notarial services is attributable to the legal and paralegal services provided in connection therewith.
HOW TO PREPARE & WHAT TO EXPECT
- PC or Mac with a camera and microphone, or a smartphone with a strong connection.
- Please use headphones, earphones or a headset to improve sound and voice quality.
Before the Notarization Meeting – Please Read Carefully.
- Complete and return this form to us.
- Submit the documents to be notarized to RFISCHER@LFF-LAW.COM.
- As the scheduled date approaches, you will receive an email with subject line “Remote ENotary Action Required.” Please open it and click on “Start Notary Transaction” and go through the identity verification process. Note that this is not the notarization process but simply an identity verification process.
If you are personally known to the Notary, you will simply enter your name and initials. Otherwise, you will need to verify your identity, as follows:
- From your smartphone, click on “Get Started”
- Click on “I Agree” at the top and at the bottom.
- Click the green “Continue” button.
- Click on “Capture/Upload license and Face”
- Click on “Use Text/SMS”
- Click on “I understand – Start”
- Fill in your cellphone number and click “Begin SMS Pic Capture”
- Follow the instructions in the texts that the software sends you.
- Note: All pictures must be taken in landscape mode (sideways full screen) or the software will reject them.
- If the program does not acknowledge you’ve sent the pictures after following the instructions in the texts, refresh your browser and repeat as necessary.
- Fill out the rest of the information required EXACTLY as it appears on your driver’s license.
- If the address is in all caps, enter it in all caps.
- Enter the address with or without abbreviations, as it appears on your driver’s license.
- Please be careful with the date of birth as the year 2020 is filled in automatically.
- Enter only the last 4 digits of your SSN, not the full number
- You will have 2 minutes exactly to answer correctly the questions that the software will generate. If you are unsuccessful on the first try (which is not uncommon) you will be prompted for a second opportunity. If you fail a second time, you will be ineligible.
- Once ID-verified, enter your name EXACTLY as is appears on the software. Also enter your initials but do not select show signature pad.
- Click on “Adopt & Accept Your Signature.” Please close your browser.
- You are now ready for the notarization session on the scheduled date.
- Your attorney or closing agent will explain the documents to you in advance. The notarization session will not take place until you have had the opportunity to review the documents as uploaded to the software.
To Begin the Notarization Meeting.
- You will receive an email with subject line “Notary Waiting” at the scheduled time. Please open it and click on “Join E-Notary Session” to start the audio/video communication with the notary.
- If the program asks you for the last 4 digits of your phone number, enter them and click “Let’s Get Started”
- Click on “Start Webcam Session” and accept all permissions.
- The Notary will explain the process on real time and ask you a few basic questions.
- After the notary formalities take place, a button will appear on your screen that says “Sign Page.” The notary will ask you to click this button. This is the end the notarization process.
- You will get an email with PDFs of the notarized documents shortly after the session.